Home / Customer Service / Resolve Your Account
Things To Do
Things To Know
View Our FAQ
Contact Us
Site Search
Fight Fraud
Resolve Your Account
Need to make a payment immediately to avoid service interruptions? View & Pay Your Bill Online
Questions about your account?
If you have questions, please call (504) 529-2837 M-F, 7AM-7PM or click here to email us. Or visit the Understanding Your Bill page which includes an interactive bill image to help you understand the many parts of your bill.
Need to make a payment?
Pay Online
Login to your secure online account at any time to view and pay your bill online. We accept Visa, Mastercard and checks.

Pay by Phone
Call (504) 529-2837 M-F, 7AM-7PM to speak with a representative
or call (504) 529-2837 anytime, 24/7 to pay using the automated interactive voice selections at any time of the day or night.

Pay in Person
You may pay in person at any one of our payment locations. For business hours and to find the location nearest you please visit the payment locations page.

Pay by Mail
Send checks or money orders to:
Cashiers Department
625 Saint Joseph Street
New Orleans, LA 70165

To enroll login to your secure online account and click the blue Auto Pay button on the billing tab.
or complete and sign the Bank Draft Authorization Form and mail it to the address shown on the form. This form authorizes the Sewerage and Water Board to debit your bank account for the amount of your monthly water and sewerage bill and City Service charges assessed by the City.
What if I can’t pay everything right now?
Call our customer service department at (504) 529-2837 M-F, 7AM-7PM or visit one of our payment locations to schedule a payment arrangement. You will need 25% down and the balance can be scheduled over 6-9 months along with your regular bill.
Will you turn off my water service if I don’t pay?
Service interruption is always a last resort. We want to continue to provide you with clean, safe drinking water. Please contact our office for a payment plan if you cannot pay your bill in full. We only interrupt water service if a bill remains unpaid for more than 60 days.

An option is available to assist elderly, disabled and economically disadvantaged customers with their water bills - the Water Help/Plumbing Assistance Program. This program is administered by Total Community Action and contributes up to $200 annually to eligible customers in need by way of a credit to their account. The Water Help Program covers water and sewer fees, but does not cover City of New Orleans sanitation fees. If you think you may qualify, visit the Water Help Program page for details on how to apply.
If my service is disconnected for non-payment, how can I get it back on?
You can either make a payment in full through one of the many methods detailed above, or you can schedule a payment arrangement (with 25% down due immediately) by calling our customer service department at (504) 529-2837 M-F, 7AM-7PM or visiting one of our payment locations.

If required payment has been made by 2:30 p.m., someone will be sent to restore your service the same day. If the payment is made after 2:30 p.m., the service will be restored the next business day.

Please Note: An adult (over 18) must be present when the service representative arrives or we will not be able to re-connect the service.
What if I don’t agree with the charges on my bill? How do I dispute my water bill?
Customers can dispute billing charges for water, sewer and sanitation. Bills can be disputed by phone, mail, fax, or through email by completing an online form that will be sent directly to our Customer Service Department.

For more information see How do I dispute the charges on my water bill?